Last Revised: March 1, 2012
2. A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13.
3. A Note to Users Outside of the United States. Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
4. Types of Data We Collect. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
(a) Information You Provide to Us. (1) We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail address, phone number, professional title, and company name when you voluntarily submit a business plan to us through the deal submission feature on the Site (“Deal Submission Feature”). We may also collect your company contact information, information about your product/technology, industry/sector, and financing round, deal information, and any document you submit through the Deal Submission Feature. (2) If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
(b) Information Collected via Technology. To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) may collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), [domain name,] referring links, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
5. Use of Your Personal Data
(a) General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used to: respond to requests that you make; respond to your deal submissions (e.g., to acknowledge receipt of your deal submission and to follow-up with a decision regarding making or not making an investment); to improve our Site and Services; or to aid us in serving you better.
(b) Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may improve our Site and Services. Company reserves the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its sole discretion.
7. Third Party Data Collection.
(a) Google Analytics. We currently use Google Analytics. Google Analytics collects information anonymously and reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. Analytics uses its own cookie to track visitor interactions. Website owners can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with their website so they can improve their website and how people find it. Please see the following links for more information about Google Analytics: http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html, http://www.google.com/privacy.html, and http://www.google.com/analytics/tos.html.
8. Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data
(a) Changes to Personal Data. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.
9. Security of Your Personal Data. Company is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while Company uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, Company cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Versant Venture Management LLC.
Attention: Robin Praeger
3000 Sand Hill Road, Bldg 4, Suite 210
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Phone: (650) 233-7877
Fax: (650) 854-9513